Well, this my friends, is my 100th post. Despite many stops and starts, name changes and questions about the focus of my blog, I’m proud to say I have it all figured out (for now)!
So, to celebrate, I wanted to share 100 super important things. I decided to split the post in two because these are so important that I didn’t want to overwhelm any readers.
My 10 Favorite Books
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
- Ines of My Soul by Isabel Allende
My 10 Favorite Posts
- Election Day BONUS Post
- Last Night in Tweets
- Rain Taxi’s Twin Cities Book Festival
- Book Review: The Giver
- Book Review: Bringing Up Bebe
- My New York Fashion Week Top Picks
- The Book vs the Movie: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Embracing the Best of the Holidays
- Book Review: Remarkable Creatures
- Winning Looks at the 64th Annual Prime Time Emmy Awards
My 10 Favorite Movies
- Beauty & the Beast
- Couple’s Retreat
- 8 Seconds
- American History X
- Guys and Dolls
- Harry Potter series
- Dead Poet’s Society
- Mona Lisa Smile
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles
10 Goals for the Blog
- Establish a routine posting schedule.
- Add a Poetry Thursday feature every week.
- Add new features as they become relevant.
- Custom design the blog.
- Finish categorizing and tagging everything.
- Increase readership
- Increase engagement.
- Learn Photoshop to develop custom blog graphics.
- Keep it a fun place for me to post.
- Evolve as needed.
10 Important Things About Me
- I love the feel of clean sheets. So lovely!
- I love Diet Coke.
- I’ve been married for four years to a wonderful man.
- I have a two and a half year old daughter is amazing, smart and cute.
- I’ve loved photography since high school. I wish I had the guts to pursue it.
- The first story I wrote that I can recall was a gift to my mom when I was in early elementary school.
- I have a new thing for hummingbirds.
- I’m a reformed organizational nut.
- I’m trying to be a re-reformed organizational nut.
- I love my Nook, but I still love the feel and look of a physical book.
I’ll be back on Friday with the remaining 50 Super Important Things. Have a great day!